Guidelines for the Celebration of Marriage
Congratulations on your engagement! It is our responsibility prior to witnessing your wedding vows to ensure that you and your fianc’e (fianc’ee) are prepared to enter into a life‐long marital union. Therefore, there are a few things that we will be asking of you in order to assist you in preparing for this new and exciting step in your life.
For the Catholic person(s), we ask that you first of all honor your baptismal promises and commitment to Christ in the Catholic Church by:
• Ensuring that you are registered as a member of this parish. If you are Catholic, but not a registered member of this parish you must obtain the written permission of the pastor of the parish in which you are currently registered in order to be married here at Corpus Christi.
• Attending one of your parish Masses on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation.
• Supporting your parish by sharing your gifts of time, talent, and treasure.
• Celebrating the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation (confession) at least once a year. We encourage you to make use of this sacrament prior to your wedding day.
• Receiving the permission of our pastor if you plan to have a priest or deacon other than one of the clergy assigned to Corpus Christi to officiate your wedding ceremony.
We look forward to witnessing your wedding vows! In this document you find answers to many of your questions regarding the planning of your wedding ceremony. Please take the time to read it carefully. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the parish office. Once again, congratulations!